12.30.2009

frightened rabbit

Somehow fortune smiled upon me and planted the seed of frightened rabbit in my brain the one time I got stuck listening to the radio. I have to say I am overwhelmed with this band from Scotland and their amazing musical skills and talents. They are one of the best lyrical storytellers since the tindersticks and tom waits in my opinion.

Their forthcoming studio release, The Winter of Mixed Drinks is slated for release March 1, 2010 and I sit on pins and needles to purchase another amazing album from this unbelievable band. They released a 7" Single, Swim Until You Can't See Land with a song sharing the same title and another called, Fun Stuff. Another Single scheduled for release in February 2010 is Nothing Like You.

A friend mentioned that lead singer, Scott Hutchinson, sounds like Dave Matthews, and at first I somewhat reluctantly agreed, until listening to frightened rabbit over and over again, realizing it's his Scottish accent transcending the vocals.

To anyone out there reading this, I suggest you pick up a copy of frightened rabbit or check them out at their: website or at their myspace page.

No comments:

Post a Comment