12.02.2009

Googlebating, no self-deprecation here

Well thank you TJ! Now that you've educated me on googlebating, somehow after 39 years, I missed out on using that verbage for a significant period of time. A coworker was reading my earlier blog, Terrance KINDOFABIGDEAL Houle and inquired as to what exactly googlebating is/was, so I stood there looking over their shoulder, peering while they themselves googlebated. I'm not quite sure what the requisite etiquette is when one is in the presence of someone googlebating, but I didn't look away. Actually, I couldn't help but not avert my eyes as they performed this force majeure. It was like passing a car accident and not being able to look away from the aftermath of twisted metal, gnarled flesh, and blood-soaked asphalt. At this moment I became a spectator, a voyeur, witnessing a feverish symphony of self-discovery; all the more drawn in by the sheer visceral frenzy transpiring in front of me.

Eventually another coworker walked by as we were discussing googlebating and my friend inquired of them if they googlebated, a confused, somewhat guilty look appeared on their face. The guilty party questioned us as to what that meant, and we prodded a bit further, "What do you think it means." Their reply was, "When you google someone." As we corrected them, they countered, "No, not really." To wit, they have, in the past, but they haven't done so recently . . . or at least they aren't telling.

All the while a fellow coworker sitting near our conversation was in semi-hysterics over the discussion being had, making that particular party guilty of knowing and googlebating themselves.

So, my advice is to find someone you know of an older persuasion and inquire of them if they googlebate. Do it with the straightest face you can muster, preferably to someone that isn't so Internet savvy, maybe a parent or better yet, a grandparent. And, make it a practice to googlebate once a week at the least. Googlebating, it's good for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment