3.08.2010

On the road to the 2010 NAISA Conference

Well, I'm not literally on the road yet, the conference isn't until May 20th, and I will be probably flying out on the 19th. I still have to purchase my tickets and soon. All I know is the panel I am on is presenting 8:00am on May 20th, first slot, first day. Good lord, I hope I will be coherent in my presentation. Thankfully, I am presenting one of my video pieces, "The Ecstasy of Indigeneity Or the Passion of Billy Jack." A deconstructed American cult icon film character re-edited to juxtapose the ridiculousness of the portrayal. Other than that, I am looking forward to being in Tucson to absorb sun, and meet many scholars. The unfortunate aspect is that friend and curator, Ryan Rice, who is bringing my Winnipeg exhibit, Round-UP to the Museum of Contemporary Native Arts in Santa Fe sometime in August, will also be presenting at the exact time I am presenting, or the panel I am on will be presenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment