3.05.2010

The Winter of My Discontent

It's been over a month since I've blogged last, not that anyone in cyberspace is keeping track. It appears that as I've grown older I am no longer immune to the dark, dreary, long days of winter in which I grew up. I long for the sun-filled days of Colorado and her majesty, but I feel that I've been held captive by Syracuse with no way out until a rental lease has ended and a job has been secured. We all know how the economy is and that has been a relatively good indicator of how thin the job market is and how unsuccessful my job search has been. Now to leave Syracuse and my friends and family might seem unfathomable, but the Southwest, the Rocky Mountains of Colorado, as well as the Pacific Northwest have been calling and their call is loud and clear. Where will I end up? I have no idea. But anywhere, where I can have a change of scenery and remove myself from this quagmire called Syracuse will help in establishing some long lost sanity while removing the overcast haze that has plagued my creativity.

1 comment:

  1. I feel for you. I grew up in Texas and the Carolinas (but please don't assume I'm a wingnut because of that). I didn't know I could have Seasonal Affective Disorder until I moved to DC. Now I feel down almost every winter. And the noise and the crowds often have me longing for more space, such as one can find in the Southwest. I just don't know if I could endure rural attitudes.

    ReplyDelete